Thread: What part of New Jersey is closest to New York?

Default What part of New Jersey is closest to New York?

I'm planning on taking a trip to New York, but I plan on staying in New Jersey. So I was just wondering what part of it is closest to New York.
    Also, what is a must-see attractions there? Other than Broadway and the Statue of Liberty.
    Thanks,
    I'm looking for an answer A.S.A.P.

You can try staying in Hoboken, it's right across the Hudson and you have awesome views of the city. Things to do, Chinatown, Central Park, Ferry to Staten Island (free), all of their AWESOME museums, Rockefeller Center, Bronx or Central Park Zoo, Grand Central Terminal, Times, Square, SO many things to do and see it's just too much to list. Google it.

Also, what is your budget?

If you have some decent money to spend, I would recommend making a reservation at one of the 3 michellin star restaurants in NYC. Either Per Se, Jean Georges or Le Bernardin. I've eaten at the last two and they were both amazing but very pricey.

You can also go watch a broadway show.

And Hoboken works but essentially you only have the W Hotel which is also very pricey. You can stay at the Sheraton in Weehawkin and take the ferry into the theater district area.

Downtown Jersey City in the Exchange Place area is also one train stop from NYC on the Path Train and you have more hotel options there.

Vic Ferrari Guest

Check out the Intrepid. They refurbished it several years ago and it is amazing.

http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/

TKTS is a great place to get tickets to a show.