Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Last nights meeting about the high school...

So then my question is?

How do we get the school built?

I am new to the area, but I understand this is an issue that is a decade old.

By the way, my post never said anything about building a separate school, just finding additional options. The issue is that the P'burg HS is overcrowded and 52% of its students come from outside districts creating the overcrowding problem and affecting the abbott district status. It's a catch 22, and state government will use that to their advantage.

If your concern is a new building, reality is state government is not going to pay for it at this point, unless that changes the money to build does not exist.

I don't have a High schooler (yet) but my suggestion would be to take full advantage of the AP and honors courses that exist and make the best of a "not ideal" environment.

Not sure what an assclown is, but it's because of standards set for our CHILDREN. They play on the fields exposing them to harmful pollutants, drink the water from the fountains, they are in the school for long periods of time. They would have daily exposure or maybe none at all, but would you want to take a chance. It's not that hard to understand.

OH!? So Wegmans would set a policy that the groceries purchased at the Ingersoll site wouldnt be consumed by children? Or maybe they could only remain in the persons home for so long....since according to you the site is contaminated. Newsflash for Ms. Asshat : THEY CLEARED UP THE BROWNFIELDS ISSUE YEARS AGO! THE WATER WOULD COME FROM AQUA WATER LIKE EVERYONE ELSES'S DOES! :evil:

Default New School

Please focus your energies on finding a solution to this problem and not creating one. Name calling is not necessary or productive.

I venture to say most people do not want to separate from Phillipsburg. They just want a new school built, but generally feel like their students are not suffering in any way now. Status quo is working, and if it won't cost anything, a new school would be nice.

Many are frustrated and looking for another way. Separate if necessary, just do something. Is change for the sake of change reasonable?

We really need an assessment to see what the Greenwich public wants. Is anyone doing this?

Default Re: New School

Quote Originally Posted by njspanteach
    Please focus your energies on finding a solution to this problem and not creating one. Name calling is not necessary or productive.
    Good luck, njspanteach. If you've read his posts here before, you'll find that name calling is all Greenwich Wizard does. On at least three occasions, he's had to delete entire posts.

If memory serves, he has called people B**t**ds, Sc**b*gs, Fa**ots, A**hat, A**clown, and probably a few more that he picked up at the playground. Sometimes he'll quiet down for a few days, but now and then he'll forget to take his meds, and off he goes.
    When he can't find intelligent wrods, he goes on the attack.

It's about time he was banned from the group.

Did anyone go to the Lopat meeting last night? Was anything different/productive mentioned?

Default Re: New School

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (not the)
    Quote Originally Posted by njspanteach
    Good luck, njspanteach. If you've read his posts here before, you'll find that name calling is all Greenwich Wizard does. On at least three occasions, he's had to delete entire posts.

If memory serves, he has called people B**t**ds, Sc**b*gs, Fa**ots, A**hat, A**clown, and probably a few more that he picked up at the playground. Sometimes he'll quiet down for a few days, but now and then he'll forget to take his meds, and off he goes.
    When he can't find intelligent wrods, he goes on the attack.

It's about time he was banned from the group.

Simmer down Scooter. Where did you grow up? On Sesame Street? People call each others names all day long. It's not like im really insulting anyone, the posters , in reality are just a bunch of 1's and 0's. Take a course in Boolean Algebra , maybe you would get the picture...

As for I wub Lopat , she's used to it from the Lopat board, she's ok I was just teasing.

In an effort to get back to the real purpose of this post...

...I believe the Lopat meeting is on March 7th. I will attend although I have been skeptical because it seems like we are in a catch 22 with the possibility of having the new building built under the Supreme Court Abbott ruling.

But like I said, I will participate in any organized event to try and get it built.

This is who is invited to the March 7th PTA Meeting:

Only Assemblyman Doherty has confirmed attending at this point.
    Assemblywoman Karrow is sending her aide
    Sen. Lance and Gove Corzine never responded
    Other invites include-
    County Superintendent: Mr. William King
    Lucille E. Davy, Commissioner of Education
    Freeholder Dimaio
    Freeholder Gardner
    Freeholder Director-Chamberlain
    Prosecutor-Ferguson
    Congressman Scott Garrett

Media Invited-Express Times, Star Ledger, Morning Call, 69 News,
    I think Others...

Please explain.......what does the county proscutor have to do with the new High School.............plus...........inviting local media......why not try inviting the Philadelphia News Networks.....Trenton reads and sees more coverage there than in our local papers