Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Bakery?

Let me just say that I agree with you tonight bollyk. I had the chocolate cake at Shoprite today and I think they made it three days ago. The cake was totally dried out and so was the icing. Dried out cake is the worst and they should know better not to sell that to the public.

I just stopped in here today and couldnt've have been more pleasantly surprised! What a little gem of a business! I urge all of you who think that ShopRite has a good bakery to try it out and judge for yourself. Nothing compares to Cafe Paris in terms of quality and freshness! I wish her lots of luck and perserverence in this bakery!

OK so Shoprite made their wrong, right. They offered me a whole new cake the next time I went there. And of course I took them up on their offer. It was much better. I guess they're feeling the pressure and trying their best to satisfy their customers.

OK so Shoprite made their wrong, right. They offered me a whole new cake the next time I went there. And of course I took them up on their offer. It was much better. I guess they're feeling the pressure and trying their best to satisfy their customers.

ammbam Guest

Cafe de Paris is a beautiful place, and I am sorry that many customers are very critical of a brand new business. I have heard of hour changes- instead of opening at 7 they now open at 8:30. The pastries are brought in every other day by Mona and her NY bakers -NEVER FROZEN. When they come in during the evening with a new batch, their down to earth humor makes me comfortable to have coffee while they show me a new dessert. It is the perfect place to relax before i have to hit the gym at 11 am.

ammbam Guest

Cafe de Paris is a beautiful place, and I am sorry that many customers are very critical of a brand new business. I have heard of hour changes- instead of opening at 7 they now open at 8:30. The pastries are brought in every other day by Mona and her NY bakers -NEVER FROZEN. When they come in during the evening with a new batch, their down to earth humor makes me comfortable to have coffee while they show me a new dessert. It is the perfect place to relax before i have to hit the gym at 11 am.

bollyk Guest

I stopped by at 10pm last night for cake and coffee and was so glad to see the Cafe packed full of people having a great, relaxing time enjoying what Cafe de Paris has to offer. There were still people coming in as we were leaving! I am so glad that Mona and her team are getting the support they deserve and long may it continue! Mona has some great ideas for summer to further grow the business and I can't wait!

bollyk Guest

I stopped by at 10pm last night for cake and coffee and was so glad to see the Cafe packed full of people having a great, relaxing time enjoying what Cafe de Paris has to offer. There were still people coming in as we were leaving! I am so glad that Mona and her team are getting the support they deserve and long may it continue! Mona has some great ideas for summer to further grow the business and I can't wait!

Default Cafe de Paris...Needs to step it up

This cafe has a very cute atmosphere. However there are a few problems that I have encountered every time I have gone there. The first is stale pastries. When you are paying $5 for a pastry you expect it to be fresh. The second problem is pricing. Prices are listed but are not followed. Pastries and cookies cost different amounts each time I have gone and tried to order the same thing. The other part to this is the weighing of the cookies. This should be obvious to a bakery owner but YOU SHOULD NOT WEIGH THE BOX WHEN WEIGHING COOKIES. I purchased two sprinkle cookies for $3.75....what a waste. Again the taste and freshness are not there. I have lived in Europe and Manhattan, and these pastries do not even compare. You are better off going to Shop Rite or Walmart to get your pastries and cookies. It is absolutely not worth it to go here.

I totally agree with your observations. If you catch it right - it's great. But a couple times now I've bought stuff that was old/stale and was real disappointed. And as you said, it's expensive.